General Data Protection Regulation
The SOFABBRANDS GROUP is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The SOFABBRANDS GROUP may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1 April 2014 and has been updated on 17 May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect personal information about you when you use the SOFABBRANDS websites – www.sofabbrands.com, www.silis.eu, www.silisb2b.com and www.labusse.com (“Sites”). We may collect the following information:
• Personal details such as name, postal address, email address, phone number and other contact information when you provide that information to us.
• Transaction information, such as product purchased, price, method of payment and payment details.
• Account information, such as username, password, and other identifiers or credentials used to access our websites.
• Other personal information you choose to provide when you interact with SOFABBRANDS, SILIS and LABUSSÉ.
The circumstances in which you provide personal information may include when you:
• Place an ORDER via the Sites. When you place your order or make an account, you have the choice of becoming a SILIS member. By answering this question with “YES” or by entering your email address, you allow us to use your email address for our mailings.
• Subscribe your email address via the SUBSCRIBER POP-UP. By clicking the button Subscribe, you allow us to use your email address for our mailings.
• Subscribe your email address to become a Silis member via the page SILIS MEMBERSHIP. By clicking the button Subscribe, you allow us to use your email address for our mailings.
• Subscribe your email address and your friends email addresses via the page REFER YOUR FRIENDS. By ticking the box that you have your friends’ consent and clicking the button Subscribe, you allow us to use your email address and your friends’ email addresses for our mailings.
• Fill in your contact details via the CONTACT page.
• Enter in one of our GIVE AWAY’S or other MARKETING PROMOTIONS via the Sites or Social media pages.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
o If you have not given your approval to become a Silis member, your email address will only be registered internally for our internal record keeping.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
o Only when you have given your consent to become a Silis member or if you have registered your friends, we will add your email address or your friends to our mailing list.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
• We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• Whenever you receive a mailing, look in the footer for the text “unsubscribe” or “update your preferences”. You can click on these links to indicate that you want to unsubscribe or do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
• If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Act 25 May 2018. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to SOFABBRANDS - SILIS, Bedrijfsstraat 3, 3930 Hamont, Belgium.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Statistical analysis purposes
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used via our Google Analytics account. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.